Q and A
How much do you charge to develop a website?
In general, WordPress websites start at $3,000 and Wix websites start at $1,500. We also have a $999 Special For $500 we will set up and configure just the WordPress core files on your host server allowing you to customize and populate the website with content. We currently have special rates for non-profit organizations.
See the Website Services page for website development pricing and details.
To get a detailed cost analysis, give us a quick Call to set up a consultation where we’ll ask you questions regarding your website requirements. Once we know the size and complexity of your website needs, we will create a detailed personalized proposal for you.
How long does it take to get a website built?
A website can be built in anywhere between 3 weeks to 6 months. Factors that go into determining the length of the process:
- Size of website
- Number of images and/or media files
- Website features or functionality
- The extent of custom coding
I am starting a new business. When should I set up the website?
My recommendation would be to establish your web presence a few months before you open your business. This is because it can take anywhere between few weeks to up to a few months for your web address to be searched and indexed by most of the search engines (like Google).
Why should I hire RAW Design Lab to build my website?
- We build great websites that are customized to fit your needs and wants
- We build fully responsive WordPress websites as well as the easy to use Wix platform
- We build SEO and search engines friendly websites on either platform
- We believe in simplicity, clean design, and a well-coded backend
- We are affordable. We can match a website plan to fit your budget
- Your satisfaction is our goal
- Great client relationships are important to us. We are honest. We don’t hold your website hostage, we are upfront about work and costs, and we really believe in our process and the services we provide
- We listen to your wishes/dreams and use this information to help create your dream website.
- We spend time getting to understanding you and your business needs
- You aren’t alone in this process; we’ll advise you along the way
- We show you the progress as we go
- When we’re all done, we can teach you how to use your new website
- We are friendly people who just want to help you get a great website up and running
What is your web development process?
- Provide a free consultation
- Provide a free website evaluation if you currently have a website
- Develop a design proposal based on our consultation. This is our roadmap
- Set up your hosting account and domain name when required
- Collect images, media files and written content
- Create a simple barebones website with the different types of pages
- Develop the website architecture, database, categories, schema, and other backend coding stuff
- Perform code tests, browser tests, and functionality tests
- Create all pages and load up all content
- Make final tests and launch
- Develop an AfterCare plan or provide you with information on how to maintain your website on your own
How much input will I have in the whole process?
You will have as much input as you want. Some people like to be involved and others want us to use our good judgment. We provide you with the opportunity to give your input at every stage of the process. Even if you choose not to be involved in the development process, we will send you progress updates at each phase.
What do I get with a no-obligation website evaluation?
If you already have a website, we will give you a no-obligation website evaluation that includes:
- Checking your website hosting details
- Checking mobile-friendliness and responsiveness
- Checking your sitemap.xml and robot.txt files
- Checking your SSL certificate details
- Checking your https redirects
- Checking your navigation usability
For WordPress sites we will also evaluate:
- Core software
- Theme viability
- Plugin health
If you would like us to check "under the hood" we will:
- Check functionality problems
- Check your code for semantic markup and social tagging
- Check for broken links on up to 1,000 pages
- Check your WordPress plugin health
All of this will come with conclusions and assessments
Contact us here to discuss the details.
How do I get my content and images to you?
We have a Dropbox folder for easy file sharing. You will receive an invitation to the folder via email. You can then upload your files even if you do not have a Dropbox account. If you do have a Dropbox account, then we will share a folder allowing both of us to access the files securely and privately.
I don’t have any images. Do you supply images?
RAW Design Lab has access to stock photos from a number of sources and would be happy to find images for your website for a fee. We can also suggest a few free and paid stock photo websites if you would like to find the images yourself.
I found some good images on Google. Can I use them on my website?
I would say that your should assume that most images found through image searches generally have copyrights associated with them and should not be used without first getting permission.
Will you set up WordPress with a specific theme on my domain so that I can upload the content myself?
Yes. Setting up and configuring the WordPress core files and theme on the host can sometimes become complicated and some people might not want to deal with it even though they know that they are perfectly capable of uploading all their content once WordPress has been loaded.
We can do this for you. For $500 we will set up and configure just the WordPress core files and theme on your host server allowing you to customize and populate the website with your content.
Contact us here to discuss the details.
Does RAW Design Lab provide web-hosting services?
The short answer: No. We do not host websites. However we will suggest a fully vetted high quality hosting company, such as www.siteground.com (no affiliation link) that will fit the technical requirements of your new website as well as your budget. We set up your hosting account under your name so that all costs, permissions, and renewals are under your control. You’ll pay the host company directly and you will have direct contact them without needing to go through us. We are also willing to mediate between you and the hosting company to help resolve any of your issues.